Monday 8 September 2008

Coleslaw





So Coleslaw......what do you have it with?

It comes from the Dutch word "koolsalade" which means "cabbage salad" and is dated all the way back to the Romans.

This side which basically is just shredded raw cabbage, shredded carrots, vinaigrette and mayo, is a taste sensation. But the real question I want to know is what in the blue cheese goes with it the best?

I don’t know where to start. In my humble opinion I think cole slaw or "slaw" is best at home as a side dish at a barbecue. Goes great with nearly all barbecued meats and very well with corn on the cob. Another favourite to me would be either chips or some kind of potato wedges or the good old jacket potato. Now I have seen on occasion that people put coleslaw with pizza which is fair enough but im not one to mess with my pizza but as a compliment to the crust I can see the logic. One gem I stumbled across just the other day was with Chilli. Chilli as you know needs to be seved piping hot. Either with rice or more preferbly with a jacket if you dolop a lump of the good stuff in with your chilli the contrast in the hot and cold adds something special to the dish. Well worth trying.

Stay safe

1 comment:

  1. Chicken..... fryed chciken to be more precise.

    I also like it with butted bread.. nice post!

    ReplyDelete